Monday, May 5, 2008

Working in a teaching hospital when your not a student

.......sucks at times but is good at other times.  July 01 is soon upon us where the Department will be flooded with new interns, med students and, PGY01's 

I'll never forget the first year I was working in the department I noticed some of the senior nurses in the break room wisely planning vacations and switches for the first two weeks of July. It was like watching a high stakes poker game. 

I found out soon enough what the nervous excitement was all about. I came into work one hot and humid early summer evening and was inundated with desperate pleas from young faces in scrubs bristling in arsenals of shiny new must haves for emergency medicine like trauma shears, pen lights and drug calculation cheat books.  

We all need to start somewhere!

No comments: